As you age, the skin on your face starts to lose its firmness and elasticity. It also shows signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, the fats and tissues of your skin are lost.
To prevent this skin aging, a new treatment known as radio frequency (RF) has been recently developed. Here is what we know about radio frequency treatment and the type of machine that is used.
What is radio frequency treatment?
Radio frequency treatment (RF), also referred to as radio frequency skin tightening, is a process that uses a machine powered with radio frequency energy to heat tissue and enhance collagen production in the skin. It is a non-invasive and non-surgical treatment that can tighten and lift the skin. It is the best alternative to a facelift and other cosmetic surgeries.
A skincare expert described radio frequency treatment as a “contour refiner.” This is because the radio frequency treatment not only softens the fine lines but also firms the facial contours over time. The treatment can result in smooth, tight and younger looking skin.
How does a radio frequency beauty machine work?
A radio frequency beauty machine is designed to stimulate collagen production in the skin; this collagen is responsible for making the skin firm and elastic. The treatment utilizes the resistance of tissues within the layers of the skin to convert the radio frequency (RF) energy into kinetic thermal energy.
First you must apply an allergenic free cosmetic gel onto your face, then use the radio frequency machine. It looks like a wand and it gently heats the skin on your face with radio frequency to between 38 to 40 degrees Celsius for about 30 minutes. You can feel the heat and it is like a hot stone face massage and very comfortable.
The machine is passed over your whole face in circular motions and heats your skin. This process can accelerate collagen production in your skin and tighten the elastin fibers.
You may see the results after the first treatment; however, it is advisable to have at least six treatments for best results. You can have two treatments per week for three weeks. After the six treatments, you can have a maintenance session every 4 to 6 weeks.
Who is best suited for radio frequency treatment?
People who are losing firmness and dullness in their skin are best suited to have radio frequency treatment. It is also suitable for those who want to prevent fine lines, wrinkles or excess skin on their face.
On the other hand, it is not suitable for those who have rosacea or broken capillaries. It is not also recommended for people with electrical devices such as metal implants like metal hip joints, dental plates, and heart valves.
The Benefits of Using A Radio Frequency Beauty Machine
A radio frequency beauty machine can certainly rejuvenate your face, resulting in a youthful appearance. Here are some of the other advantages of having a radio frequency treatment:
- Stimulates the skin to produce collagen and elastin
- Lifts, firms, and tightens the skin
- Makes the skin look young
- Prevents the visible signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles
- Non-invasive and non-surgical
- Relaxing and painless treatment
- Lifts the cheeks
- Tightens the jaw line
- Reduces fat cells
- Increases oxygen levels in the skin
Other FAQs about Radio Frequency Treatment
1. What are the advantages of using radio frequency treatment compared to other treatments?
- The treatment enhances muscle tone, which is good for you in the longer term.
- The process utilizes the body’s own natural healing abilities.
- No need to go under the knife.
2. What is the recovery time for a radio frequency treatment?
- There is no recovery time or downtime as it will not cause any wounds in the skin. You can resume your daily activities after the treatment.
3. What other parts of the body could radio frequency treat?
- It could also treat other parts of the body such as around the eyes, the neck, jowls, decollete, stomach, hips, knees, arms, thighs, and bottom.
4. Is radio frequency treatment painful?
- The treatment is warming but not painful.
5. Are there risks or side effects of the radio frequency treatment?
- After the treatment, you may experience mild redness, but this will slowly fade away after 36 hours.It is also advisable that you use a moisturizer for better results. Meanwhile, before the treatment, your skin therapist will provide a patch test on the gel that will be used for the treatment to see if you have any allergic reaction.
6. Can the radio frequency treatment cause cancer?
- No, the radio frequency treatment will not trigger cancer.
7. Is repeated radio frequency necessary?
- Yes, radio frequency treatment can be repeated and is necessary to maintain results.
8. How long will the results of the radio frequency treatment last?
- It produces long-lasting results for up to 2 years.
9. What is the required age to have radio frequency treatment?
- Those who want to undergo radio frequency treatment better be over 18 years old.
10. How much is the cost of a radio frequency treatment?
- The cost of a radio frequency treatment depends on the area to be treated. It can range from $40 to $500.
The Bottom Line
The demand for radio frequency facial treatments is increasing nowadays. This is because of its effectiveness in preventing skin aging, resulting in a healthy and a younger-looking skin.
Radio frequency treatment can accelerate collagen and elastin production in your skin with continuous treatment. The process can also prevent loose and sagging skin and soften fine lines and wrinkles. With this, you see better results that will leave your skin firm and elastic.